Re: lynx-dev next/prev link

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev next/prev link
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:02:04 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> If someone were to spend some time trying to figure out enough about lynx
> internals to fix the way next/prev link works so that they actually
> move from link to link instead of from page to page, would applying that
> code break any important processing anyone is depending upon?

I don't consider the current behavior broken.  It is how PREV_LINK and
NEXT_LINK always worked in lynx, as long as I know.  I don't want Down
Arrow suddenly to start skipping pages - I am used to being able to
use Down Arrow repeatedly and eventually see all the text.

Whether the functions should be named differently is another question.

You may want a new function with the behavior you prefer.  If such a
modified ALWAYS_NEXT_LINK existed I would probably map it to <tab>
and leave Down Arrow alone.

     Klaus