lynx-dev Re: LYNX: the L-page: example of usefulness

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: the L-page: example of usefulness
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:44:50 -0800

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999, David Combs (address@hidden) said:

| Look at this output from the L-page:

|      * [15]http://www.mutt.org/manual-2.html#ss2.4
|      * [16]http://www.mutt.org/manual-2.html#ss2.5
|      * [17]http://www.mutt.org/manual-3.html
|      * [18]http://www.mutt.org/manual-3.html#ss3.1
|      * [19]http://www.mutt.org/manual-3.html#ss3.2

| Because it is the ONLY one that clearly lets me see
| how the many many links end up going to only a FEW files --
| those with unique names BEFORE the "#..." stuff.

| Oh well, I guess it's hopeless.  :-(   No one has any idea
| why it is useful to ALWAYS have the ADDRESSES listed on the L-page.

Yes, I understand your point, and *might* even have use of such data
at some point in time.

| Well, Lynx can't have EVERYTHING, I guess.  Better be
| thankful for what it DOES have!   :-)

Actually, it looks like what you want is already in the code, just
waiting for someone (like yourself) to "activate" it.

Near the top of the LYList.c file, we find:

  /*      showlist - F.Macrides (address@hidden)
  **      --------
  **      Create a temporary text/html file with a list of links to
  **      HyperText References in the current document.
  **
  **  On entry
  **      titles          Set:    if we want titles where available
  **                      Clear:  we only get addresses.

So it looks like about all you'd need to do, is clone the L-page
invoking case in LYMainLoop.c, call showlist() with the flag set
to FALSE instead of TRUE, name the new form of L-page something
else (say, A-page), and add a couple of entries for the new command
to LYKeymap.[ch] (plus add the documentation, of course :-) ).

Poof!

Why not give it a try ...?

/kim