Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.16 - attn. EBCDIC fans

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.16 - attn. EBCDIC fans
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:47:34 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> 1999-02-08 (2.8.2dev.16)
> * Recognize Subject and Message-Id in embedded comments in HTML  [ ... ]

I should mention that that code needs changes to work for non-ASCII
based machines.  I didn't try to make it general enough to work in
that situation.  At least LYCommentHacks() at the end of LYCharUtils.c
needs some TOASCII's thrown in, maybe there's more.

Without that, there shouldn't be any harm done, it just won't work
on EBCDIC machines so Lynx should fall back to to using URLs as subject
and no In-Reply-To for mail response to archive and so on.

   Klaus