Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.16

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.16
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:16:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> > The changes to HTNews.c broke the SSL patch. However, by removing the
> > SSL code for snews in HTNews.c and HTTP.c I could compile lynx and I can
> > access https sites with it. Until now, it seems that my changes didn't
> > break anything...
> >
> > Anyone disposed to upgrade the SSL patch?
>
> Sorry, I don't have it, don't use it.  I tried to leave the snews etc.
> stuff alone; the changes should not affect the *function* of the patch as
> fas as I know.

The changes in dev.16 don't affect the https code but the snews code. Even
if patch correctly applies the SSL patch, lynx doesn't compile. The changes
to HTNews.c in dev.16 directly affect the snews implementation.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |