Re: lynx-dev What do I need to run lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev What do I need to run lynx
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 01:18:06 -0500 (EST)

990208 Simon Hodson wrote:
> I am from East Midlands Arts Board - IT department.
> Tel: 01509 218292 ext.233

i grew up in Leicester ...

> One of our staff is visualy impared
> and using win95 - jaws screen reader for windows -
> dectalk voice software and card - and power braille 40 keyboard -
> and hp 5100c scanner linked to textdridge pro98.
> The PC keeps locking and GPF errors etc.
> I have re formatted PC etc. twice in 6 months.
> What kit do I need to run Lynx and will lynx readscreen / speak ?
> Please advise as I am finding very little help with regards to this problem.

unfortunately, no-one better informed seems to have replied via lynx-dev:
you can find some contact e-addresses for blind users of Lynx
at  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/lhfb.html ;
they're all volunteers, so some may not have time to help you promptly.
generally, Lynx is a preferred browser among blind WWW users,
so you should be able to get it to work satisfactorily.