Re: lynx-dev translations

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev translations
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:26:19 -0500

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 03:19:40PM -0800, Eduardo Chappa L. wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have been reading the file lynx.po for translating it into spanish. I
> was noticing that when a user is prompted to answer a question in the
> Yes/No format, is always prompted Y/N, which therefore is not posible to
> translate, because in Spanish you would use S/N. Is it possible to
> incorporate this kind of things into the code or is this something that is
> not worth it for you to waste the time ? Maybe something like a keymap for
> Yes and other for Not while answering this questions could make the trick.
>
>   Thanks, have a nice day.

It's on the "list of things to do." Some of the French translations have
"O/N", but the code is still expecting "Y/N." Code to do this properly
is not in Lynx, but may be elsewhere available for adoption. I haven't
looked for it, however.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: