lynx-dev Assistance sought in understanding hidden links

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Assistance sought in understanding hidden links
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:58:02 -0500 (EST)

Klaus , your name, along with FM's, are attached to some comments in
src/GridText.c relating to something called "hidden links".  The comment
says:

... a link
 *  which had an attribute in the markup that resolved
 *  to a URL (i.e., not just a NAME or ID attribute),
 *  but was found in HText_endAnchor() to have no visible
 *  content for use as a link name.
:

Is this referring to HTML such as

<A HREF="http://www.w3c.org/";></A>

or something else?

Kim mentioned that it would be nice to test the textarea editing code
with a sample using hidden links.  I am willing to modify that version of the
textarea test file I submitted to the mailing list once I understand what
a hidden link is.

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>