Re: lynx-dev partial display nit

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev partial display nit
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:59:57 -0500 (EST)

990212 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Laura Eaves wrote:
>> When I check the lynx-dev archive,
>> partial display puts page 1 on screen before the whole doc is loaded
>> and the odometer spins on the status line.
>> My complaint is that lynx apparently ignores all my commands
>> until the whole doc is loaded.  In fact, it discards them.
>> Is this a feature?
> My understanding is that not _ALL_ commands are discarded.
> PageDown, PageUP, HOME, and END seem to be accepted.
> I haven't been able to search or to go to a particular link.

 3p  works iff there's no delay in the download;
 /  &  123g don't seem to work at all.

partial display was first offered in a patch by Sinan Kaan Yerli
--  http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0398/msg00993.html  -- ,
who has since disappeared again; LP did a lot of tidying & fixing.

there may well be programming difficulties
making these commands work while download is in progress,
but they should be stored for execution once download is complete.
it's not quite a bug, but it's certainly a serious limitation,
which i have tolerated daily for a long time: a patch by LE herself?