Re: lynx-dev Opinions on importing a file into a TEXTAREA

From: David H
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Opinions on importing a file into a TEXTAREA
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 05:34:17 -0600 (CST)

>For anyone who suggests providing multiple choices, remember that
>each choice would need to be a separate keybinding, since there is
>currently no convenient way to specify a "choice flag" along with a
>command.  And I am not about to try and provide any kind of "option
>list" that one could select a method from, since the differences
>really amount to nothing more than "syntactic sugar" (IMHO), given
>that all formats can easily be had with editor usage.

Why not add options for convenience?

Certainly the (a)dd a bookmark function doesn't NEED to ask whether
you want to add this page or the currently selected link... if it only
added a bookmark for the current page then you could go to that page
and (a), or if it only added a bookmark for a linked page you could go
to the history page and (a) from there, but it's really handy to have
both options readily available.  It could be just as handy to have
options with this.

On a different topic, though:  Does all of the work with the TEXTAREA
editing in any way make HTTP File Upload (<INPUT TYPE="file">) more
likely to be implemented?

David Henderson
--
Star Trek?  Psi Phi!  Visit http://www.psiphi.org/ for the latest news
and rumors about "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and "Star Trek: Voyager"
<*> davidh at psiphi.org, davidh at imsa.edu, davidh at cyberdesic.com