Re: lynx-dev [dev16] Cleanup patch for TEXTAREA edit

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [dev16] Cleanup patch for TEXTAREA edit
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:28:15 +0000 (GMT)

> Sorry for the length of this patch, which is mostly due to some
> whitespace differences between -dev.15 and -dev.16.  I didn't

Most differencing programs can be told to ignore white space changes,
and patch can certainly be told to do so.  While it is better not to
make such changes in the first place, it destroys a lot of the value
of the patch if it reflects them, as it consumes a lot of space and, more
importantly, makes it difficult to review the patch to work out what has
really changed.