Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:12:26 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Laura Eaves wrote:

> OK -- I built lynx with ncurses instead of slang and it worked fine.
> THe problem is apparently in slang input.
> Doug, does this have any relation to the patches you sent today?
> In any case, slang translates alt135 to 271 and ncurses does not.

As I mentioned, I get different display in text areas using PDCurses
or SLang in the DOS port of lynx. I wasn't sure where the problem was.
I'll try to look at the SLang code, but it frequently treats DOS and
unix differently, so I am not sure how portable a solution will be.

With my terminal set to cp437, alt 135 give me "~^G" with SLang and
ISO 8859-1 letter 231 (latin small c with cedilla) with PDCurses when
in textedit mode locally.
                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman