Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2dev.16 patch 1 - Keys, tab changes

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2dev.16 patch 1 - Keys, tab changes
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:55:15 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> Doug seems to be willing to continue making changes for the DOS versions
> that become necessary as the lynxkeycodes change for non-DOS.  I have
> tried to incorporate his latest patches, but he'll have to review this.
>
> Note that the value 0x10F has "accidentally" already the same meaning
> in one of the DOS versions, according to one of the docs/*.key tables.

Since K_BackTab in DJGPP is already at 0x10F, why the special handling
in LYStrings.c. Is this in case BACKTAB_KEY changes its value?  Wouldn't
it be easier to just remove these lines?

> +     case K_BackTab:            /* BackTab */
> +        c = BACKTAB_KEY;
> +        break;

I didn't see any other problems, but I am not at my DOS machine now. I
guess I'll have to rebuild from a clean dev.16 and check for any
problems on DOS. Thanks for integrating all this.

                                   Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)