Re: lynx-dev Keys, an attempt to understand

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Keys, an attempt to understand
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:40:38 +0900 (JST)

> for its handling. The DOS keyboard doesn't have any of the special
> vt100 keys mentioned below.
>
> > #   Function key 1: 0x108
> > # vt100   Help Key: 0x108
> > # vt100     Do Key: 0x109
> > # vt100   Find Key: 0x10A
> > # vt100 Select Key: 0x10B
> > # vt100 Insert Key: 0x10C
> > # vt100 Remove Key: 0x10D

And I thought I was confused before!  My DOS keyboard has these keys;
they are just given different names.  I use with varying frequency
four PC keyboards: the "newer" 106-key Japanese, 101-key English,
NEC 98 (the most divergent), and Fujitsu FMR.  All of them have those
keys -- what I call the six-key pad, two rows of three keys  usually
located to the right of the alphabet keys and above the arrow keys.

What is the difference if I run Lynx directly on a DOS machine, or
run a telnet on the same DOS machine and manipulate Lynx running on
a Unix host?

__Henry