Re: lynx-dev Problem w/Lynx

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem w/Lynx
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:35:27 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Barry Smith wrote:

> Here is the URL we are having problems with:
> http://www.lincolnplating.com/lpc
> Lynx Version 2.7.1 plus FOTEMODS through 20-Jul-97, built by Ron Record
> of SCO
> (address@hidden)
>
> There are three columns of links set up in a 3 cell table.  All of the
> links show up highlighted, so you can't trell where you are at. Is it
> because they are in a table or that they are bulleted? Or, maybe that we
> need to upgrade to 2.8.1?

Although it's always a good idea to upgrade to the most recent version, your
problem seems to be a local one. Those links are in lists and are displayed
in bold (bright) when they are not the current link. The current link is
displayed in inverse video. It seems that you can't see the inverse video.
That problem can be related to how lynx was compiled (probably with curses)
and/or the capabilities of the terminal you're using. I tried that page with
versions 2.7.1, 2.7.2 + Fote mods and 2.8.2dev.16 using a VT100 terminal
emulator and the results were the same in all of them.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |