Re: lynx-dev ^Ve considered harmful

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ^Ve considered harmful
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:16:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> I've never used 'e' (EDIT) before, except when I accidentally hit it, and
> Lynx says something like "Lynx cannot currently edit remote HTML files."
>
> But this argument seems strange.  Using the same edit command makes a lot
> of sense, rather than having separate commands. It is just being dependant
> upon where you are (i.e. the cursor is) when you invoke it. I don't see
> how it is confusing. It makes everything more consistent.

If type "e" or "E" in a TEXTAREA, they will be understood as text and
printed to the screen. An "escape" key is needed. In this case, it's ^V.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |