Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and keypad mode

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and keypad mode
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:56:23 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

[someone:]
> > FWIW I've never gotten Home/End to wrok; ^A /^E are the only alternatives.
                           ^^^^^^^^
Try the codes for Find and Select instead.

> Have you changed your definition in lynx.cfg to match what your
> keys actually produce (or change your terminfo/termcap definition
> of the keys)?
>
> For example, I think the default lynx.cfg has:
> KEYMAP:0x10B:HOME      # Go to top of current document
> KEYMAP:0x10A:END       # Go to bottom of current document
>
> But when I use TeraTerm on a Windows95 machine, or telnet on a
> Fujitsu FMR, my definitions are:
> KEYMAP:0x10C:HOME       # Home      (^[[2~) - Go to top of current document
> KEYMAP:0x105:END        # End       (^[[5~) - Go to bottom of current document

It seems to me this would be cleaner to do at an earlier stage: in
terminfo/termcap (as you mentioned), or via the .lynx-keymaps file
mechanism, than in lynx.cfg.  The lynx code will still think that
0x10C is INSERT_KEY and that 0x105 is PGUP, even if those "lynxkeycodes"
are mapped to different "lynxactioncodes".  I would expect those keys
not to work as expected in the line editor.

   Klaus