Re: lynx-dev ^E^E

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ^E^E
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:01:22 -0800 (PST)

>990216 Klaus Weide wrote:
>> So what do you think about ^E^E for Extended Edit?
>> The first ^E takes one to the end of line, of course;
>> the second, only if immediately following, to the next level.

That's certainly confusing!

Having a modal-and-and-special-cased usage of ^E sure seems strange
compared to making an analogous use of an existing 'edit' command.

Plus, I can see someone just hitting ^E a few times and be thrown into
an external editor and not have the foggiest idea what's going on.

BTW, I'm *not* for dumbing things down, I'm *happy* that I can now use
a real UNIX shell on a Mac..  but I am against illogical commands if it
can be helped..  (and using 'edit' means it can be helped.)