Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and keypad mode

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and keypad mode
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:43:32 -0500 (EST)

> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
> 990216 Laura Eaves wrote:
> > 990216 Klaus Weide wrote:
> >> they make sense when LISTed, and so on.  Personally I don't find
> >> numbering form fields very useful, especially for textarea lines.
> > numbering form fields is extremely useful
> > as it obviates the need to havigate a screen
> > with arrow keys while using speech, braille or screen enlargement.
>
> i use it daily to pick items from a pull-down menu in a select field

> LE's addition of form-field numbering, with  123g  &  123p ,
> was an enormously useful benefit for jumping around well-known documents.

I use this daily to navigate around Yahoo Mail.  When forwarding messages
I can jump directly to the fields I need to fill in and no longer have to
suffer going thru pages of text entry fields, etc. to get what I
need done.

PLEASE don't remove this valuable feature.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>