Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and keypad mode

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and keypad mode
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 99 10:53:26 EST

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:38:01 -0500 (EST),
Laura Eaves   <address@hidden> wrote:

>PS: With all this discussion of keypad mode, it should be remembered that
>some screen readers for the blind use the numeric keypad with numlock off
>for navigation.  I don't see that your proposal would be affected
>by this, but thought I'd mention it in case someone gets the idea
>to use these keys.
>--le

and others use the keypad with numlock on.  But except in the Lynx/32
version, which uses the Microsoft Console Agent, a screen reader can
take control of keys before Lynx sees them, and there is no problem.
I always run Lynx with "numbers act as arrows".  I can see that
sometimes it would be useful to separately activate the function which
embeds reference numbers in the text and gathers refs at the end.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/