Re: Small key re-mapping question (was Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and k

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: Small key re-mapping question (was Re: lynx-dev Link numbering and keypad mode)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:46:00 -0800

On or about 16 Feb, 1999, Webmaster Jim <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 11:17:47PM -0800, Michael Warner wrote:
> > On or about 15 Feb, 1999, Henry Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >     [...]
> >
> > > But when I use TeraTerm on a Windows95 machine, or telnet on a
> > > Fujitsu FMR, my definitions are:
> > > KEYMAP:0x10C:HOME       # Home      (^[[2~) - Go to top of current
> > > document
> > > KEYMAP:0x105:END        # End       (^[[5~) - Go to bottom of current
> > > document
> >
> > I've got a haunting feeling that the answer to this is
> > embarrassingly obvious, but how do you get from the control
> > string - ^[[2~ - to the hex number?  For now, I'll just use
> > your values, but I assume there's some more generalized way
> > of getting them ....
>
> There is no "hex number." TeraTerm (emulating a VT220 probably)
> generates a series of keys (^[ is ESC, or 0x1b, [ is a square bracket,
> 0x5b, 2 is the number 2, 0x32, and the tilde means done with this string,
> 0x73).  The curses library interprets the incoming characters as a single
  ^^^^
> token to pass to Lynx code.

Yup, I was just trying to convert from the char string to the
0xnnn, and for some reason (read: "operator error") it wasn't
working.  It is now, though.  Told you it was embarrasingly
obvious :).

BTW, typo correction: "~" = 0x7E , I b'lieve.

Thanks,

--
Michael Warner          "You're cute when you're stupid"
<address@hidden>                                -- R.A. Miller