RE: Re: lynx-dev Q: control lynx from C

From: rubin
Subject: RE: Re: lynx-dev Q: control lynx from C
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:58:31 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the pointers to wget and  libwww-perl kit, however, I guess there
are
things that are not covered (?) by this soft. I understand the basic idea of
the
recommended programs is to load to the site and get all from there including
subtrees. And do it once. But, suppose I have a site which provides constantly
renewed info and this site is https: with login and password. So, I guess, to
login
their periodically with login/passw and read info is no good. Better would be
to login once and periodically read info. I supposed  the easiest solution
would be
to allow lynx to read the commands from stdin.

For example, a similar in spirit feature is allowed in gnuplot - to plot
figures
with dynamically created data.
I wonder, is it difficult to realize this hack in lynx?

Meanwhile, thanks you all for the advice
- Rubin.