Re: lynx-dev more cookie wackiness

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more cookie wackiness
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:08:09 -0800

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999, address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, brian j pardy wrote:
> >Hmm, I'd say not to worry about trying dev.17 then.  I'd just try getting
> >trace output, and I may be able to figure out from there if a fixed bug
> >or something that needs to be looked into more.
> >
> >Is this a sudden change?
>
> Yes, that's why I tend to blame it on their end first, especially since I'm
> trying to "sneak" in and they only officially support IE and Netscape.

They may be trying to do some kind of javascript thing, or something
along those lines.  I take it setting up an account probably isn't a
free thing I could do in testing? :)  Maybe I can mail their webmaster
and try, even with the focus on IE and Netscape.

> BTW, do you really want a 393313 byte trace file?!  Uggh.
> (Should I mail it to you privately?  And is it going to have any info I
> shouldn't be passing out?  I guess I'll go look through it..)

Already mentioned your password, you may want to also hide your
username, that's up to you.  I'm not sure if they have any other info
about you stored (or if for example page URLs redirect based on
name/password).  Since no one else has said anything on this thread,
go ahead and mail it to me privately.  We can repost to the list if I
can't figure out what's up.

If you can compress the tracefile (bzip2 or gzip preferred, but I
should be able to handle .zip, I don't know what platform you're on)
then a uuencoded or MIME attachment should be just fine.

--
We've sent a man to the moon, and that's 29,000 miles away.  The center
of the Earth is only 4,000 miles away.  You could drive that in a week,