lynx-dev FASTFORW_LINK and partial display (was: add toggling trace log

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev FASTFORW_LINK and partial display (was: add toggling trace log on/off in partial mode)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:14:34 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> BTW, is it intentional that LYK_FASTFORW_LINK / LYK_FASTBACKW_LINK
> recently added in partial mode scroll by pages, not link by lynk?

Well, I called it "roughly corresponding".  It didn't seem worth
much trouble to get really exact behavior in this case, considering that
movement was not implement at all for NEXT_LINK / PREV_LINK, and it
would be a pain to test.

But most important, since there is no "currently selected link" in this
situation, at least not visibly, going to the next link as in mainloop
would be invisible and would look as if nothing is happening.  So it
treats the last link on the page as "current link" when going forward,
and treats the first link on the page as "current link" when going back -
at least that was the intention.

What should work though is the skipping of pages with empty links.
Using those keys in partial display mode should always lead to a page
that has a link on it somewhere.

   Klaus