Re: lynx-dev identifying config/version info

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev identifying config/version info
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 07:33:14 -0500 (EST)

From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>

> "[2]compile time options".  From the users point of view,
> however, this is distractive junk that should not be included
> in a production distribution, i.e., by default it should not
> be compiled in, or it should be stripped out at release time.
> Same as with ALL trace code, IMHO.  Don't get me wrong; it's

Boy, I couldn't disagree more - in my opinion, the 'users' are the
ones who need it the MOST.  A developer will know about trace and
makefiles, etc. and seldom will need the info provided by these
features.  However, a user, particularly on a large system where
they don't even know who built lynx ,are the ones who need this info
when reporting problems.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>