Re: lynx-dev dev17 problem: heureka (almost)!

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev17 problem: heureka (almost)!
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:19:19 -0500 (EST)

990223 Thomas Dickey wrote:
PW>  #define EBCDIC 1  /* CF_EBCDIC */
PW> i tried commenting out this line, but linking failed
PG> Also comment out "#define NOT_ASCII 1"
PW> that solves the problem for dev.4 !  i'm still testing dev.17 .
PW> of course, configure has to be changed to avoid hand-editing:
PW> it knows the system is UNIX, so why would it assume EBCDIC a/a ASCII ???
> I already changed dev.4 (that's dev.5). et cetera.

you didn't change anything which solved this problem,
which is still there in dev.17 , which is how it all started.
i see your message about digging yourself out Thursday
& you saw mine about lynx-dev oughting not to rely too much on one person,
but dev.18 does need to provide a fix for my last  2  lines above.
i'm feeling rather pleased with myself for identifying the cause,
but fixing configure is way beyond me.  if not you, someone else: pg (smile)?

BTW dev.17 appears to be working now i've hand-edited the offending lines.