Re: lynx-dev dev17 clue?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev17 clue?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:33:16 -0800

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 09:31:49AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> <SNIP>
> Besides memory problems (which we're seeing exhaustion of if I'm reading
> Dave's messages correctly -- taking _minutes_ to free memory on normal
> exit); I like to be able to put Lynx on a floppy for movement among
> FreeBSD machines which don't have a LAN card permanently installed.  That
> means < 1.2MB (Japanese NEC HDD).  I can still do that, but just barely:
> not even my 4KB lynx.cfg will fit on together with the binary.

If "Dave" refers to me (David Combs) -- and I have been complaining
about lynx seeming to hang at either a ^c or a q -- then maybe it
is memory space.

On my own sparcstation I have 96mb; however, I am running lynx
not there, but on a sun-something on Netcom.com, running
SUNOS 4.x.

I've forgotten how to find how much (a) physical memory
and (b) max per user there is, for SUNOS.

Maybe Virden or someone remembers how to do that (we are
all now using solaris, but I bet he remembers how), then
I can find out what I am allowed on netcom.

Maybe that is what I have been calling "hanging" --
freeing its memory.

(Question: why free the memory at all?  Won't the OS
do it for you -- after all, you are exiting.  ??)

David