Re: lynx-dev EBCDIC again

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev EBCDIC again
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:36:38 -0500 (EST)

990224 pg wrote:
> 990224 Philip Webb said:
>> why does your `boogiewoogie' line not act on OS390 ?
> If the character set appears to be EBCDIC, it's skipped by the "#if" in:
>     #if '0'!=240
>     #error "Character set is not EBCDIC"
>           make an error  <<===
>     #endif

but why does inserting the marked line make a difference:
was it simply a programming error to omit such a line previously?
or was the previous  #error  line supposed to do the job,
but IRIX 5.3 for some reason didn't recognise it?

> BTW, let me withdraw my earlier "boogabooga" overexuberance.

noooo, it's cute'n'sexy ...

>  aclocal.m4/configure  uses any of:
>     make an error  ( 3  occurrences)
>     int x = ;       /* force an error */  ( 2  occurrences)
>     choke me  ( 21  occurrences in configure,
>                apparently from   1  occurrence in  aclocal.m4 )

... a/a the last, which is a bit sick;
ok `make an error', if we must be politically correct ...