Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries (was clue)

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries (was clue)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:50:16 -0500 (EST)

> > And I see 0.81 M binary here on Linux with the default lynx
>
> Unless you are using shared libraries I don't know how you do it. On
> Solaris2.6, linking to slang (so the only direction to configure is

that's about right for the BSD curses.  (I don't use it except for test
builds).  Different machines will vary executable sizes over a range of
more than 1:2 depending on architecture, compiler optimization and choice
of libraries.  (My biggest Linux executable is still 10% smaller than the
ones you're citing for Solaris).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden