Re: lynx-dev Re: [dev17] patch with new TEXTAREA commands, etc.

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [dev17] patch with new TEXTAREA commands, etc.
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:57:19 -0500 (EST)

Understood regarding your new additions - I was just thinking in general
that it would be useful to make sure that any features that the user could
potentially make use of get's documented in some appropriate file.

If there are lynx.cfg type values that _could_ be set, then at least a
comment goes into that file.

If there are environment variables and command line flags that could be set
to alter or influence behavior, then those would get documented in the man page.

If there are #define's that can be set, then either configure gets a flag
or at the very least a comment in userdefs.h would be useful.

I suspect this is being done in most - perhaps even all - cases.  I guess
it just struck me that perhaps a file discussing such 'unstated rules' for
lynx development might be of use as well.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>