Re: lynx-dev Re: next/prev link

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: next/prev link
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:10:01 -0800

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 03:58:06PM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> 990225 Laura Eaves wrote:
> > How making  +  and  -  a suffix:
> >  123+  or  123-  to jump forward or back  123  links?
> > That could be augmented by the  p  or  g  suffix:  123+g  etc.
> > This wouldn't be hard to add if there is interest,
> > since  0123g  (or  p ) works without link numbering, so would  + and  -
>
> it certainly looks like a useful addition as described:
> can you offer a patch, as the expert in this area (smile)?

Please -- in what way would this feature be useful?

Especially the +-g suffix -- kind of bold, doing that,
being so sure that you have memorized the page.

I mean, what's so bad about numbered links.  You then
just write down on paper the interesting numbers, and
can go directly to them.  Why this relative stuff?

(Well, if you REALLY need that, you already have j and k,
via vikeys; being SO short of keys, why do some others?
so 20j would work as intended).

I suppose that I CAN see a use for 20j or 100j -- but
123j?  or 123jg?

---

ALSO, the suggested use of the suffix-g is the exact OPPOSITE
to the CURRENT suffix-g, which means "do NOT FOLLOW that link"!

Puzzled.

David