Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:59:32 +0000 (GMT)

> > I can see no use for the `send a C)omment' function.
>
> certainly i'ld say that's dispensable.

Actually I can see a lot of use for it, except that neither of the big
two have implemented it, preferring META author, with no machine processable
address, or inconsistent user provided feedback links.  It is the only
easy way of getting the URL into the subject when there is no mailto link
on the page, it's just unfortunate that link rel=made isn't widely supported
and that it uses the URL domain for the address when deleting an initial
www. would be more likely to succeed.

I suspect C itself consumes virtually no space; it is working out the page
owner that is probably more expensive.