Re: lynx-dev wget and lynx, download problem

From: Klaus Peter Wegge
Subject: Re: lynx-dev wget and lynx, download problem
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:32:11 +0100 (MET)

> On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:
>
> > downloading for example http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/mailbox/log99-01
> > with wget works fine, but very slow.
> > Doing the same with lynx is very slow too, but never results in a
> > complete download.
> > Downloading is finished incompletely without a comment.
> > This is the same for my linux, solaris and DOS machines.
> > All using current versions of lynx and wget.
> > It looks like something like a timeout in lynx which closes
> > the connections on some conditions.
> > Is there a way to get arround this problem?
>
> If you have the same problem with lynx and wget, then it's not a lynx
> problem. Flora is slow but I have just downloaded log99-01 with lynx and
> wget, and I got the whole file (2396943 bytes).
It seems a general problem for big files on severs,
reached via slow lines. The mentioned flora site is only
one example.
Wget does the job perfectly, lynx gives up as discribed.
The number of bytes, downloaded by lynx, seems to depend on the
usage of the IN-lines.
And I cannot find any reason for this.

Thanks

Klaus-Peter