Re: lynx-dev Javascript

From: Lalo Martins
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Javascript
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 19:40:48 -0300

On Mar 01, Larry W. Virden decided to present us with:

> One word of advice - the development version of Lynx tends to be updated once
> every week or two.  It probably would benefit you to figure out how to add
> the smallest amount of JavaScript you need to, and get that into the
> development version, so as to not fall too far behind.  Integrating small
> pieces frequently is probably going to be easier than taking several weeks
> and falling so far behind that it becomes difficult to integrate in the
> changes (didn't that happen with some MIT changes at one point in the
> past year or two?)

Who is responsible for integrating patches? I'd like to hear
from this person, is there interest in integrating the libjs
stuff, as experimental as it is?

I'm planning to keep up with the lynx development version. As
soon as I can distribute the patches, I will be releasing them
as often as possible (in practice: as soon as a given batch of
change works, make it into a patch). But for the next few days I
can't distribute anything, till there is a libjs released under
GPL (nobody outside Mozilla knows how long; 2 weeks? One month?)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.