Re: lynx-dev syntax change - hidden links digression

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev syntax change - hidden links digression
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 03:13:05 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 1999, Laura Eaves (address@hidden) said:
> |
> | By "hidden links" I mean anchors with HREFs but no highlightable text.
> | I'm not talking about form fields of type "hidden".
> | Offhand I don't remember how to check for hidden-ness.
> | It's been a while since I looked at this code.
>
> That would be the a->show_anchor == 0 type of "hidden" link then, I think
> (which also ends up with a->number == 0, IIRC).

Not necessarily, they can end up with a->number != 0 if -hiddenlinks=merge
is in effect.  That mode preserves the old behavior (mentioned by Laura)
of not hiding the numbers if links have no selectable text, it is also
forced internally for some situations (bookmark files, and LIST page I
believe).

   Klaus