Re: lynx-dev autoconf

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev autoconf
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 05:16:22 -0500

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 03:25:22AM -0300, Lalo Martins wrote:
> Huh, does lynx's configure.in have some special autoconf needs?
> After changing configure.in as the very first step for libjs
> support, I tried:
>
> lalo:/arch/src/lynx2-8-2> autoconf
> configure.in:361: warning: AC_HAVE_LIBRARY is obsolete; instead use
> AC_CHECK_LIB
> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
> zsh: exit 1     autoconf
>
> lalo:~> autoconf --version
> Autoconf version 2.13
>
> (works fine for other programs)
>
> If there _are_ any special needs, they should be documented
> somewhere, no? (INSTALLATION?) The CHANGES file mentions
> autoconf 2.13 a lot of times, but I just upgraded (after trying
> with 2.12 and seeing exactly the same error)

Tom can answer this better, since he uses autoconf patched his way.
I had his version till an OS upgrade a few months back; now I just
uncomment the HELP divesions and add backslashes to that line that has a
nested "ls -l" in it.

See
  http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/autoconf/autoconf.html

Marvin the Paranoid Android.