Re: lynx-dev bug in lynx 2.8.1

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug in lynx 2.8.1
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:38:00 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/code/lynx-dump_output_cookie.patch
> >

> > Tom, since this is about the 3rd report of this, would it be too
> > much trouble to release a 2.8.1rel.3 with this fix and any others
> > that are waiting in the wings, prior to 2.8.2?
> >
> > Anyone agree/disagree?
>
> yes/no - there's been several fixes (and Klaus, for instance has marked more
> than one of his in the past couple of months as against 2.8.1).  We can
> add this to the patches under the release page, but putting out a rel.3
> would probably add more confusion (and miss some equally good patches).

That's understandable.  Perhaps we could just do something as simple as
adding a blurb in the page linking to the lynx-dev list in the help
suggesting checking the bugfixes/ directory prior to reporting a bug.

--
<http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/keys/> for DSA/ElG-E/RSA keys
DSA 0x0A641AA5:0B1E 37B7 ECCB FC96 B6C6  7242 0A59 F8D5 EFA9 4F81