Re: lynx-dev 123p+ final(?) patch

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 123p+ final(?) patch
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:49:32 -0500 (EST)

> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: lynx-dev 123p+ final(?) patch
>  3g  moves the hilite to [3] & then  3g+  moves on to [6], as they should,
> but  3+g  thinks it's  3+  & goes off to the URL at [9],
> & similarly but worse,  3+p  also thinks it's  3+ , with the same result:
>  3+g  should have the SAME effect as  3g+  &  3+p  the same as  3p+ .

Well, like it or not, this is a feature, not a bug as the current
implementation only accepts
123g+ andnot 123+g or 123+p.  Once it sees the + it doesn't look at the next
char.  I should have known that woujld cause confusion I suppose... :)
It's easy to fix.

> also, if i'm on page 6 (without links) & enter  3g+ ,
> it moves the hilite to [18] on page 16, as the link before page 6 was [15]:
> this is ok, if intended, but was it intended?

Yes it is correct.
THe algorithm I use is that if on a page with no links, ifyou type
ng+ it repositions at previous_link + n; if you type ng- it repositions
at previous_link + 1 - n.  Note htat previous_link + 1 would be the first
numbered link *after* the page with no links.  Of course, if the page
has links on it, you cna just use curlink.
Hope that's understandable.
--le