Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.18

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.18
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:01:15 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 05:58:43 -0500 (EST)
>
> 1999-03-04 (2.8.2dev.18)
> * add sanity-check for EBCDIC FixCharacters() in LYMain.c - PG

Thanks.

Nits:

Actually, the "sanity check" patch from
    http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0299/msg00858.html

didn't get integrated.  It might have collided with the patch in:
    http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0299/msg00804.html

which might be described as "EBCDIC transform key_override in
FixCharacters() in LYMain.c"

If you really want the "sanity check", reverse patch msg00804.html
and integrate msg00858.html (which includes 00804) instead.  But
I can live without this; I've calmed down a lot from my initial
remorse over having caused PW so much anguish.  :-)

Also, the patch in:
    http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0299/msg00827.html

which might be described as "remove extraneous cast in LYReadCFG.c"
did get integrated, but escaped mention in the CHANGES posting.

But thanks again for doing all this work.  I'm impressed at
your stamina.

-- gil