Re: lynx-dev unable to connect to remote host

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev unable to connect to remote host
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 06:03:28 -0500

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 08:54:38AM -0500, Tzadik Vanderhoof wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed a binary Lynx 2.7.1 for AIX. (My AIX
> version is 4.3.1.0) However whenever I try to start lynx I get "unable
> to connect to remote host".  This is not a network problem, because I
> can connect to any http site successfully using "telnet some.site.com
> 80".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tzadik

It *is* a network problem of some sort, since you have the correct lynx
(otherwise it wouldn't run). However, the best advice is to download the
latest version and compile it on your system. Many bugs have been fixed
since 2.7.1.

Get lynx sources at http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current. A couple week-old
FTP mirror is at ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/net/infosys/lynx.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.