Re: lynx-dev lynx runs on NetBSD!

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx runs on NetBSD!
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 06:19:16 -0500

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 09:42:31PM -0700, Eric Fox wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I just wanted to let you know that the "lynx" software runs on <a
> href="http://www.netbsd.org/";>NetBSD</a>, with an easy to install package at
> <a
> href="ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/www/lynx/README.html";>www/lynx</a>.
>

> We would appreciate it if you could provide a link to one of the two
> locations presented above.
>
> Thank you.

We did know this, since one of the developers helped port Lynx to
autoconfigure using NetBSD, but he's been too lazy to put the package
stuff together :-)

I've updated the page http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ to include a
pointer to this package, and will probably do the FreeBSD and OpenBSD
links when motivated. Please note the NetBSD package will build the last
release of Lynx, not the current patch-level. When I learn more about
submitting packages, I will correct this.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.