Re: lynx-dev How do I log in to the lynx server?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How do I log in to the lynx server?
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:55:02 -0500 (EST)

990305 Jonathan wrote:
> How do i log to lynx from unix environment?
> PLease give step-by-step instructions, starting from the $ prompt.
> And also what port should I login to?  Please reply asap.

we're all volunteers, so you have to be patient & give full details.
if you use a shared system, ask your system administrator;
if you want to compile your own copy of Lynx,
you can get the latest 2-8-1 from  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release ,
which comes with full instructions in the  INSTALLATION  file;
you can also access remote public Lynxes at
 http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/public_lynx.html
 telnet://ibr1.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp
 telnet://sailor.lib.md.us .