Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.19 patch #1 ("iso9945" problem)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.19 patch #1 ("iso9945" problem)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:42:43 +0300 (MSK)

4-Mar-99 22:41 address@hidden wrote:
> In a recent note, Leonid Pauzner said:

>> Date: Fri,  5 Mar 1999 00:25:09 +0300 (MSK)
>>
>> diff -u old/makefile.in ./makefile.in

> OK.  This puts me on a campaign for a uniform patch convention.
> There are five "makefile.in" in the source tree. The patch should
> include enough path information to tell me which to apply it to.
> (I suppose I can try them all -- it'll probably only work on one.)

> -- gil

Sorry for inconvinience, all the make* files are from src/chrtrans directory,
UCDomap.c from src/ and lynx.cfg/userdefs.h you may guesss from where.
You can just grep sources for "9945" and remove such lines :)

I prepare my patches on a DOS machine and have some problems
applying/preparing patches with a full path information (as well
as case sensitive filename). Usually we deal with src/ and WWW/ dirs
so it is relatively easy to guess

And uniform patch seems to me more readable by eyes,
this also a format we have for incremental patches
at sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/