Re: lynx-dev How do I log in to the lynx server?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How do I log in to the lynx server?
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 08:37:30 +0000 (GMT)

> How do i log to lynx from unix environment? PLease give step-by-step
> instructions, starting from the $ prompt. And also what port should I login
> to? Please reply asap. Thanks.

Lynx is not a server.  You do not login to Lynx.  There are no port numbers
associated with Lynx itself.  Almost anything could produce a $ prompt.

Please restate your question with enough background information to allow
us to work out what you really mean.  In particular, please distinguish
between Lynx, some application of Lynx provided by a service provider,
and the Lynx archives.

At a guess, this question is only meaningful to whoever provides your
shell account.