Re: lynx-dev Help me, please

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Help me, please
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 13:21:41 +0300 (MSK)

5-Mar-99 00:17 Luis Acuna San Martin wrote:
> Dear team:

>       I'm an chilean lynx surfer (sorry for my spanglish). I love Lynx and
> I'm installing version 2.81 in my PC, Win 98 in Spanish, codepage 850.

>       But I've serious troubles: I cannot use ascii codes for characters
> missed in spanish, like "ALT-126" "~" and I put %7 in the browse
Very strange: characters <128 are unified across codepages
and should be available in any DOS/Windows codepage.
So I assume it is a problem at your side, not in lynx.

> command for several pages.
Do you mean you browse local files with lynx and see file names
converted in a strange way with %XX%YY ?  Yes, lynx behave so within URLs
on a characters that are unsafe by some means, you should live with it.
You may go "." to current directory and select files by following links
instead of direct typing their names from keyboard.