Re: lynx-dev Left arrow from options page forces reload?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Left arrow from options page forces reload?
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:34:44 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Mengmeng Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>       I really like the lynx, and pretty much use it exclusively. One
> thing that I've noticed is that in the newer versions (>2.8), using the
> left arrow to back out of the options page without saving changes reloads
> the previous page. This is not the behavior with the older 2.7.1 that I
> tried. This is usually not that bothersome, but sometimes I accidently hit
> 'o' by mistake while I'm on a large page, which is quite annoying on a
> modem connection. I've seen this behavior with the options page on
> 2.8.1rel.2 as well as 2.8.2dev.19. Is there some option that would change
> this? I did not notice any such while reading the documentation. FYI, the
> 2.8.1rel.2 was built with SSL patches while 2.8.2dev.19 was built without
> any patches.

Yes, this should be addressed before a new version is released; there are
still loose ends with the Forms Options.

In the meantime, if avoiding unnecessary reloads is important enough for
you, you can set the following to FALSE in lynx.cfg:

   # Lynx Options Menu style toggle:  forms-based or old-style.
   # Works if old-style menu is compiled in as well as the forms-based menu.
   #FORMS_OPTIONS:TRUE

That should give you the old-style Options screen, which should continue
to behave better w.r.t. reloading/caching.

    Klaus