Re: lynx-dev A telnetable Lynx somewhere

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev A telnetable Lynx somewhere
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 13:07:29 -0500 (EST)

990307 Arnaud de Bonald wrote:
> Can I Telnet to a host which offers Lynx that includes SSL support?
> I definitely need some kind of SSL feature with Lynx
> but since I'm not a programmer, I can't built my own SSL-Lynx.

you can telnet to Lynx at
 telnet://ibr1.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp
 telnet://sailor.lib.md.us ,
but AFAIK they don't offer SSL support.

you don't have to be a programmer to create Lynx + SSL :
you simply need to have shell access or your own machine
so that you can compile Lynx with SSL patches.
the place to start is  www.moxienet.com/lynx ;
there's also information at
 www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jeffwong/lynxstuff
 www.cryptsoft.com/
 ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSL .
have a go & ask again here if you run into problems.