lynx-dev Re: why not --disable-news

From: John Bley
Subject: lynx-dev Re: why not --disable-news
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:48:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> > a "no frills" option can be implemented it means that a newer version of
> > lynx has a better chance of fitting.
> Another snip to the code "--disable-news." This one is more ambitious,
Great, thanks!

> "--disable-ftp" is feasible, but more useful to keep (IMHO).
I'd agree, except that my example of using lynx on a single-floppy system
(LOAF: http://www.ecks.org/loaf/) already includes ftp anyway.  Perhaps
after --disable fever subsides, we can agree on smart defaults for a
--no-frills option.

Meanwhile, I'm busy investigating dead code and have a question: Are all
these empty HText_* functions here for any particular reason?  Nothing's
even calling into them.  There are even several non-empty HText_ functions
that aren't ever getting called.

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science