Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1] why no bold links?

From: Tim Benham
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1] why no bold links?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:00:32 +1100

Dickey:

> > > the file "curses.h". I symlinked curses.h to ncurses.h and it compiled
> > > without complaint.  My system is linux. My ncurses version is 1.9.6.
> >
> > curses/ncurses are not part of Linux, although they are probably included
> > in most Linux distributions.  The location and name will depend on the
> > distribution and even the version of the distribution.
>
> yes - but - I thought I'd made my configure script handle the variations.
> (however, the comment about 'userdefs.h' makes me suspect that something
> more is wrong than that).

I suspect so. I believe the one I snarfed was the "current version"
advertised by lynx.browser.org:
http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8-1/lynx2-8-1.tar.gz.

I have another problem with the configure script now that I am trying
to install 2.81 at my university (this time as a user without root
privs). The configure script dies when it discovers that gcc is broken
despite the fact there is a perfectly good ANSI cc in the PATH. It
seems to me this could be improved.

Tim