Re: lynx-dev Problem with Lynx and http://www.clicktv.com

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with Lynx and http://www.clicktv.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:11:07 -0500 (EST)

990309 Bruce Toews wrote:
> I am using Lynx version 2.8.1, release 2 on a Unix shell.
> I was trying to access the search feature of  www.clicktv.com .
> I entered my login name & password, then chose the search function.
> all it did when I clicked on the "search" option was return me
> to the search screen, with a blank form.  This feature worked fine
> until our systems administrator upgraded our shell and thus Lynx.

using 2-8-1dev.19 , when i goto your URL there's a `logon' link;
i go there & enter my name/password (i've registered just to test it),
which takes me to a `listings' link titled `preferences'
-- to see the current URL & selected link, use  =  -- ,
on which `search' is not a link; going back to `logon',
there is a `search' link, which i follow, bringing up a document
whose name is `search' but whose title is still `preferences'
entering a dummy zip code (98105, where i once lived),
i am taken to an appropriate listing of cable TV services for Seattle,
in a document named & titled `preferences':
presumably, that's what you're aiming for.

possibly you are being misled by several documents with the same title,
but if you have a different experience moving within the site,
explain it with the same detail & someone may be able to help.
remember that the site may have changed as well as your ISP's Lynx.