Re: lynx-dev LYNX: enter state-abbrev on yahoo? HOW?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: enter state-abbrev on yahoo? HOW?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:50:37 -0500 (EST)

990310 Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 1999, David Combs (address@hidden) said:
>> what is a nice, simple, SHORT verb to use re LYNX for "clicking on" a link?
> Activate/activating a link?

`follow' is correct Lynx-speak, isn't it? as in `follow_help.html'.

> OTOH, I think "clicking on" is well-understood, if imprecise.
> BTW, how many people still *dial* a phone number
> (after waiting for a *dialtone*, of course)?

this is drifting off-topic rapidly, but i am regularly instructed
to enter an extension number on a `dial pad'; `dial' comes via `sun dial'
& mediaeval `dialis' from the Latin `dies' = English `day'.
the OED is the World's most fascinating book ...